Thursday, February 2, 2012

January Numbers

Our long awaited January numbers came yesterday, February 1st.  Ack!  Do you have any idea how neurotic I become as the end of the month nears.  Generally I check my email in the morning and evening however once the date is passed the 28th I check my email when I get up, when Gabe eats breakfast, before we leave the house, when we get home, when Gabe eats lunch... you get the point!
So waiting until February was agony!  But they're here!

Boys:  88 (down 1)
Girls: 110 (down 3)
Siblings: 39 (up 1)

I have an email into our case worker about the increase in the sibling number.  I'm assuming another family changed their parameters but I can hope that it was a small mistake and the number is lower or at least the same as last month.

And when I wonder why God has placed us on this long, winding path towards my 'friend' Lara posts a video about the journey her family took to their new son.  Then I remember.  God wants us to love others like he has loved us.  God demands we take care of the fatherless.  And God is fullfilling the deepest desires of my heart.... motherhood. 


An Orphan Becomes a Son from Jennifer Penner on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Mari Bryant- Marks said...

Oh my goodness. I need a new page on the website. Stories of Hope!! Would you ask your friend if I can use this video on my site???

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith,

I have a question about adoption fundraising. Can you please email at mlee@coupaide.com?

Thanks!


Matt Lee

Anonymous said...

That was so awesome. The tears of joy for that family were flowing so freely.