Friday, January 3, 2014

.It's here.

I had been waiting for it, 
longingly thinking about it 
and it finally came.  
2014 is here!  
I'm generally not someone who looks forward to rushing through time.  
Life is precious, Gabe is growing quickly and I want to enjoy every moment of it but 2013, well it was rough.
 It was hard.  
It was ugly.  
Sure there was much beauty seeped into the pain but I was ready...
Ready for last year to be the past...
Ready to leave the many losses we and our friends encountered behind us...
The pain, the lessons, the growth, the love... we'll carry that we with us.
But it was a much needed flip of the calendar this December 31st.

We are moving forward into 2014 with high hopes, full hearts and a spirit of anticipation.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; don't you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."  Isaiah 43:18-19

Praying that streams, no rivers of God's goodness pour into the wasteland that last year left behind.  That you my friends who languished in the trials of last year will be overcome with a wellspring of good news.  You are loved.  By us.  By Him.  And we are ready for a year of rejoicing.  

This spoons for you (y'all know who you are!): 

No comments: