Friday, September 18, 2009

1 Month




I can hardly believe Gabe has been alive for one month! What a wonderful month it has been!

At one month old, Gabriel Matthew this is your life :)

  • You are the sweetest, happiest little guy. You love to drink your bottles, stretch and blankets and sleep in someones arms.
  • We're working hard to getting you to sleep ONLY in your cradle or bassinet... but when you're just so cuddly, it's hard to put you down sometimes.
  • At first you loved to be swaddled but by day 5 you wanted your arms free. Now... you hate to be swaddled and just want the cover tucked under you!
  • You're drinking 4 ounces of formula every 3 hours. However you have been known (twice :) to go 4 hours at night between bottles!
  • You're still to small for most of your cloth diapers, hate the snaps on the Happy Heiney diapers and seem happiest wearing the Kissaluvus contours :)
  • Tummy time is becoming a favorite activity - as long as Daddy or I are on the floor too!
  • The bouncy seat has finally become a place where you enjoy sitting, looking around... and going to the bathroom :) If it seems like you have to go number 2, we put you in it, and presto - you've had a bm.
  • You love stories from The Beginners Bible and your favorite story book is "On the Night You Were Born."
  • You've met so many people in your 1st month: your Nonnie, Papo, Gramps, Nana, Ann, Uncle Matt, Uncle Bucko, Uncle Tony, Uncle Chris and Uncle Justin, Auntie Annie, Aunt Mariah, Caleb, Ethan, Jake, Sam, Grandma Thomas and Grandpa and Grandpa Schmitz. You've met your other aunts Erin and Sondra as well as Megan, Barb, Mick, Becky, Andrew, Alexis, Adrian, Connie, Katie, Laura, Kyle and lots of people from Mommy and Daddy's work. At church you met Pastor Brian, Marilynn, Tiffany, Katie, Jane, Amy and lots of others :) You met Pastor Dan & Christy, Dan, Sarah, London & Waverly, Kirsten, Josh, Abby & Owen and Ken & Sarah at Life Group... and just yesterday you met "aunt" Natalie, "uncle" Charlie and your best friend Wyatt.
  • You've also been lots of places: Church, Target, Giant Eagle, Barnes & Noble, Crocker Park, Nonnie & Papo's, Gramps', Grandma & Grandpa Schmitz, the Mall, the Smitely's, Caleb's football and baseball games, Dr. Millers in Brunswick and the CCF downtown... and lots of walks! Next up, a restaurant :)

In the past month you have changed our lives immeasurably. I didn't know I could love something so little so much, but I do. I love you so much it hurts to be away from you.... and it seems like you don't like to be away from me either :) I know that will change... but for now I will cherrish it and every moment that God gives us with you.

We love you so much Gabriel! Happy 1 Month Birthday!

Gabriel has sure kept us busy, but I think I'm starting to get into the swing of mothering and posting on the blog:)

Thanks for following us on our journey... it's only begining. God Bless!

Love, Meredith

1 comment:

Sandie-Matthew's Mom said...

Meredith,

How special that Gabriel loves the book you read to him called "On the Night You Were Born". I have not heard of the book but upon seeing your mention of it and how much Gabriel loves it, then reading the reviews about it on Amazon, I borrowed it from the Library and I have to tell you a great BIG thank you because it has now become my own son, Matthew's, favorite book to have me read to him these past couple days. It's a beautiful story. The first day Matthew didn't want the story to end. I read it to him 5 times and then he looked through the book on his own a few more times. I also read it to him at bedtime two more times. It's adorable. Thank you very much.

I am keeping Gabriel in my prayers and pray that his upcoming MRI will go well. He is a beautiful and precious baby. God is watching over Gabriel and is safe in His care.

Sandie