Friday, February 12, 2010

A Bad Eye and a Big Guy

Gabe had an eye appointment on Thursday and I thought that we went prepared; prepared with the knowledge that Dr. R would recommend surgery.

Let me digress for a second. Between Gabe's 3rd and 4th eye appointments his lid improved and surgery was delayed, patch time was increased and everyone left happily.

Fastforward to the present - Matt and I had noticed that Gabe's eye was no longer opening anymore and his eyes still weren't working together. So Gabe and I went to see Dr. R prepared for a surgery diagnosis. And that's exactly what the doctor deemed necessary.

The surgery (or surgeries) will entail cutting Gabe's eye muscles so his right eye is centered. Once his eye is centered, Gabe will have another surgery to lift his eye lid. Once these surgeries are complete Gabe's eyes will look perfect!

And now the Gabe-ster in the eye examination chair. Gabe doesn't actually sit in the chair but on my lap and I sit in the chair!





On a side note, Tuesday I went to the Cavs game, sans Gabe! My dad recieved AWESOME tickets from someone at work and since Matt had class, the original plan was for me to take Gabe with us. Well, there was another beautiful snow storm in Northeast Ohio and Matt's class was canceled so Gabe stayed home with his Daddy! I had a great time but really missed my Gaby-baby. And because I missed Gabe.... I (or maybe Gabe's Nonnie) bought Gabe his very 1st Cavs t-shirt. We went for the Retro Cavs colors, rather than the new ones. Isn't he cute?




And can I tell you how excited I was to see Shaq! I was so excited. Our seats were really, really good, so I was able to see Shaq up close and personal! And I could not believe how big he is. I mean, I knew he was big, but in person, his size was even more impressive.


Shaq towers over the other players... and his feet, oh my! They were as big as my arm... and I don't have abnormally small arms. He's just that big! I was a little let down that he didn't sign Gabe's shirt or anything my nephews had out, but at least we got some good pictures of Shaq. And Gabe's shirt was signed by Daniel Green, he's just a rookie, but you never know, Gabe's shirt might be able to pay for his college one day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I was sorry to hear that Gabe needs surgery. We'll be praying extra hard :-) And oh my, is he growing!!! Too cute!

Dardi said...

I hate when the little ones have to have surgery, but then I remind myself to be thankful that it's an option to fix something or make something better. Keep us posted on when it's scheduled so that we can be praying. He's getting so big!