Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 16 & Delurking Day!

We're more than halfway done with our beans and rice experience. Or should we say challenge? A challenge because every evening it has become challenging to want to eat dinner no matter how hungry we feel.

And when I feel this way, I immediately feel ashamed because in just a few short weeks we will stop eating beans and rice every evening and go back to tasty dinners of lasagna, chicken pot pie.. any thing we want while many children in Africa will continue to be lucky to have a belly full of beans and rice when they go to bed at night.

the picture is from last night, but it looked a lot like tonight's dinner too ;)

And for all you lurkers out there... you know who you are. You read our blog but either don't comment or aren't a 'follower.' Well we want to know who you are! So... just leave a comment saying, well saying whatever you want (but FYI we don't post nasty comments) so we know who visits our little blog. Thanks!

And because this picture is just too cute to keep to myself:

2 comments:

Heather & Chad said...

I truly admire your "challenge"! It breaks my heart everyday to think of the hunger that plaques this world. It breaks my heart even more when I think of the children that go day-to-day with little or no food.

It is a blessing to know that through your efforts, love, and determination there will be children who will have a life where they will no longer have to face these day-to-day challenges.

Adoption Rocks!!
~Heather

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.