Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Last Tuesday

Last Tuesday marked 14 months on the wait list as well as our USCIS fingerprinting update appointment. 

Our fingerprinting appointment was smooth, you know, after I realized the appointment was not at the same place as our initial appointment and we  needed to leave earlier than anticipated.  There are so many horror stories about USCIS fingerprinting in the adoption world and I am happy to say each of our appointments have been great. 

Hitting the 14 month mark on the wait list was just as uneventful as the fingerprinting appointment.  I didn't even realize that it was the 13th until I was getting ready for bed.  In hindsight that's probably a good thing; I find I become a little sullen and sad as I realize another month has gone by in our wait with very little movement forward.  Perhaps I should lose track of the date more often [Smile]. 

On the upside of all this waiting, one day it will end.  And just like the day I first held Gabriel; all the waiting, all the hard stuff and all the tears will melt away into the fierce love formed when a parents holds their child for the first time. 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ohh that last paragraph gave me goose bumps!