Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday Vol. 3

Today was one of those days that reminded me dreams can come true.
 
When I was waiting to become a mom, I spent too much time thinking about all the special things I would do with our children once they came into our family.  Christmas, apple-picking, family picnics, beach trips and baseball games made up some of those thoughts.  But it was other special things, every day situations made just that much more delightful because I would be accompanied by a little one.  Early morning walks, late night cuddles, reading together, story time... the list was a mile long...
 
Today I am thankful for being able to do ordinary things with Gabe.  I want to celebrate the ordinary, because it's in these moments that I'm reminded of just how extraordinary my life is.
 
Today after therapy, Gabe and I headed off to lunch.  A lunch date with the sweetest boy imaginable.  An answered prayer.  A dream come true.  I am so thankful for moments like these.  Because in moments like these I can't help but thank God for making my dream of motherhood come true in this blond haired, blue eyed little miracle. 
 

 No Panera lunch date at Memorial City is complete without a train ride through the mall. 


I love, love, love this sweet boy and spending every day with him.

No comments: