Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Upcoming Meetings...


This week was a little slower than the past few weeks with no meeting with our attorney. However, we have been keeping busy with trying to prepare our life book. A life book is a scrapbook of sorts that we give to our attorney who then shares with prospective birth mothers. Included in the life book is pictures of us, our family and our life, a little about both Matt and I and then a letter to the birth mother or parents. For me, that letter is the most challenging... how can I even begin to express how we feel towards this young woman who could possibly be giving us the greatest gift we could ever hope for. How do we even begin to portray the reasons she should consider us to be the parents of her child, the gratitude we have for her for granting us our deepest desire of our heart and how do we adequately describe the love we already have in our hearts for the child she is carrying.

Next week brings two meetings. The 1st one is Tuesday and we’ll be meeting with our new caseworker through the Cuyahoga Depart of Children and Family Services (DCFS). I’ll admit I’m a little nervous about this meeting; each time we meet with DCFS there is always something new to discuss and by new I mean discerning, sad and usually not what we’re expecting to here. The last meeting we had with our old caseworker practically broke my heart to pieces and I just pray that this meeting will be more productive.

Our 2nd meeting is Wednesday with our lawyer, MCB. This is the meeting where MCB asks me all the same questions she asked Matt last time. For those of you wondering how we found MCB, it truly was another work of God's hand. Matt and I spend most of our radio time listening to
95.5 The Fish and one of their talk show hosts used MCB for the adoption of his daughter. Just more proof for us that God is leading our path.

This meeting I’m truly looking forward too as I feel this will bring us one step closer to becoming a family. MCB is truly an advocate for children and adoption, Matt and I are so blessed to have found her to help us on this phase of our journey.

In honor of Valentines Day I'll leave you with this scripture: Dear friends lets continue to love one another, for love comes from God. 1 John 4:7

No comments: