Monday, January 18, 2010

Time Flies

Time flies when you're growing, eating, changing, sleeping, not sleeping, reading books, going to doctors appointments, changing diapers, smiling, stretching, reaching, turning, going to physical therapy, spending time with friends, laughing, cuddling and loving on the sweetest thing this side of heaven.

I can not believe that Gabe is 5 months old today. At "X" years of age, 5 months doesn't change much for me... but 5 months for an infant is monumental. As of his last well visit Gabe is 10lbs 13oz heavier than when he was born and 6 inches longer. That's right, if you've either written down Gabe's statistics or have an uncannily good memory for the size of others people's babies you'll realize Gabe is now a whopping 17lbs 15oz and 25 1/2 inches long. At 4 1/2 months of age he was roughly the size of a 7 month old..... but he did decrease on the percentile sides. Not sure if that's good or bad, because we like our baby juicy!
Speaking of juicy, sweet Gabe, at 5 months of age you've begun a few new things like organic oatmeal and all natural juice! You love them both, of course! You also love a few new things like your bumbo seat we borrowed for your favorite physical therapist, KC, your new rainbow colored links, interactive puppy, singing caterpillar an,d books. You sure love books and get so excited when we sit together and read.....I love it!
I also love how smiley and giggly you are now. You're smile is the brightest thing in my day and your laugh, oh Gaby, your laugh! If we could bottle your laugh and send it to the Middle East... I'm fairly certain war would stop and world peace would be imminent. Your laugh, my dear baby boy, is a balm to my soul.
You're turning into quite the babbler... and quite the drooler. I don't feel anything yet, but if you're drooling is any indication, a tooth or two may not be that far away.
There were a few big things that happened this past month: you started physical therapy. Your therapist KC is super nice but works you really hard. You do a great job but it wears you out. I can pretty much guarantee you will sleep well for most of the afternoon. You also had your MRI... the news was pretty good, but what I found best of all was how great you did! Your daddy and I were so proud of you.
Speaking of proud.... you've really turned into a 'big boy' when we moved you out of your cradle next to our bed and into your own room. It was a bit of a transition for us all but recently you started sleeping very well in your big crib in your own room. I'll admit that, if I knew you'd start sleeping through the night so quickly, I would have held you a little closer the last time you snuggled in bed with me. Well, actually I'm not sure I could have held you any closer but I wouldn't have whined about my arm cramping up. The silver lining in that, is I do remember it and will hold that memory close forever. And I'm pretty sure, there will be at least a few hiccups to your sleep schedule and we will once again have time to snuggle. But let me tell you Gabe, I am enjoying this newfound ability of yours to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time :)
Thank you baby Gaby for the most fabulous last 5 months.... in some ways I can't believe it's already 5 months but in others, I can't believe it's only been 5 months because it seems like you were always here!
Here's your 5 month pictures... you started with the 'not the camera again' look and then ended with showing off that incredible smile of yours!

5 months down and a whole lot of adventure to go!
Love & Blessings, Meredith

2 comments:

Dardi said...

Soooo cute & I LOVE the chunk!!! Kaya had the best "squeezy" cheeks & thighs, but then mobility came & it disappeared! :o( Enjoy it now!

And aren't PT's great...Kaya loved her exercises & it was really amazing what a difference they made.

Happy milestone...you can tell he's one very happy little (big) boy!

Becky said...

Juicy babies are the best!! He is so darned cute - I love that smile. What a blessing he is from God!

I remember those PT days quite well...it certainly can wear both child and parent out! But it is simply AMAZING what can be accomplished. Go show them how it's done, Gabe! :-)