Tuesday, July 27, 2010

1 year ago

A year ago today, Matt and I scooted out of work early and went to our attorney's office filled with hope and fear, trepidation and excitement. After a few words of prayer and conferencing calling with doctors (who could only confirm what we already knew) we took a deep breath, walked into the conference room and met Miss B and Mr. C.

A year ago today; we met a young woman who would change our lives and hearts forever.
A year ago today; we met a young woman who made the most grown-up and selfless decision I can fathom a teenager ever making.

A year ago today; we met a young man who was doing whatever he could do to support his girlfriend.

A year ago today, we met a young man who's selfless decision changed our lives forever.

A year ago today, we saw our first glimpse of Gabriel growing in his birth mothers belly.

A year ago today, I felt hopeful for the first time in a very long time.

A year ago today, God used Miss B to grant our dream of becoming parents.


Miss B,

If I lived to be a hundred I still don't think I'd ever come up with the right words to thank you. Your selflessness, your sacrifice and your immense love answered my prayers. And every day that goes by I am reminded of the amazing gift you gave us each time I see Gabe smile, hear him babble or watch him sleep. Thank you for letting us be Gabriel's Daddy and Mama. You are loved.
In an era where abortions are okay and teenage mother's are glorified by the media you chose life. In a society were people would place judgement on you, you didn't choose the easy way out, you chose life. And by choosing life, you renewed ours. God created all of us in his image and when I look at you; I see not only a selfless young woman who chose life, but a woman made in the image of God who has a heart like Jesus.
We love you Miss B, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

1 comment:

jody said...

beautiful! a magical and strange bon we share with birth parents, yes??

You commented on my blog that you were interested in Korah sponsorship info-if you are, can you email me at pajohiltATgmailDOTcom? thanks!!