Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Passions (Part 1)

Otherwise entitled: Letting God Break My Heart
The past few weeks my soul has felt restless; My prayers have been consumed with asking God to break my heart over the things that break His. God has been pulling at my heartstrings and I'm beginning to truly hear Him.

God has given me many passions. This sweet little boy is one of them:

Being a good steward of our environment is another passion of mine and why you hear me toute the 4 R's often (reduce, reuse, recycle and repurpose!)

And I always knew adopting would be one of my passions. When I was younger and my dad would tell stories from his travels in China, I knew one day I would adopt (I just thought it would be a little Chinese girl named Lily). I just never knew that God would turn that passion for adoption into a passion for orphans; to advocating for children that have nothing and routinely being brought to tears when I try to wrap my mind around the insane number of orphans in the world.

I never knew that my passion for adoption would turn into an intense desire to help orphans in Ethiopia.

And then today I read this: Ararat Day - Talk is Sheep and I feel broken. Broken that there are people out there who's lives are valued by no one and even more broken by the fact that right now, there is nothing I can do but pray.

God gave us passions for a reason now I've just got to see where it takes me.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am so with you here on this! If I can ever get my non-profit started some day I am calling you to help! :)
Oh and on a lighter note...many many years ago when Kent and I started talking about adoption we were going to china and were going to adopt a little girl and call her Lily!