Monday, July 12, 2010

Crazy Busy Life

I can't believe it's been so between updates but life on Oxford Avenue has been busy! Since the last update Gabe and I took a trip downtown to visit Dr. R. While it was nice to have such a long break between appointments (longest ever!), it was also nice to get Gabe's eyes checked on and see where we go from here. We were certain that surgery would be scheduled at this appointment and I went in emotionally prepared... and came out excited! Excited because the surgery that was imminent and definite has been postponed indefinately. Postponed, you ask. Yes, I said postponed indefinately!!! Because even though Dr. R didn't think it could happen Gabe's vision continues to improve. Can I get a woot, woot? or an Amen!



Gabe sitting in the exam chair

Because of our busy schedule Gabe has acquired the ability to sleep even more places than before... like on the floor. I was washing dishes and he was playing with my phone. After dropping it, in his desire to get it back he worked so hard that he exhausted himself and fell asleep. I of course, left my phone next to him and it rang and woke him up, shortly after I took the pictures.


The same day as Gabe's eye appointment my 3 lovelies and I went to see the midnight release of Eclipse. Yes, we are all in our mid-to-late 20's, yes we are Twi-hards and yes, we did kick the teenager out of the seat that she tried to steal from us!


My lovelies: Sondra, Nicole, Megan and me
(we were there with 3 other, non pictured lovely ladies as well!)

Me and Edward
Yes I love Edward, if it wasn't for being a wife and a mother I would have become a Robert Pattinson stalker (but it's really a Harry Potter/Cedric Diggory thing) And no, Matt won't let me name our next son Cullen.

Gabe and I have also traveled near and far to watch my nephews play baseball. Caleb's games took us from Elyria to Talmadge and lots of places in between. Lots of travel and lots of fun. Caleb was the starting pitcher, their best catcher and pretty good at everything involving baseball. An added bonus was that one of my favorite neighbors, Andrew played as well!
Ethan's games took us to Vermilion and as his first year in pitch baseball, there is a lot of walking, not a lot of action but fun nonetheless.
One of the best parts of going to my nephews games was that Gabe was able to visit with his uncles and aunts! Hanging out with our family is one of our favorite pasttimes!


Ethan, 7, ready to hit


Gabe visiting with his Auntie Annie

Gabe was ready for the 4th of July but ended up with his very first... fever :( It was no fun and left us with a really subdued 4th of July weekend. Matt was off for a few extra days so we took turns making sure Gabe was comfortable and happy. We were able to make it out of the house for a short while to go to a cookout at my brothers but other than that we relaxed at home. It was a little odd not watching fireworks, but it was probably a good thing we skipped fireworks. Loud noises are not one of Gabe's favorite things!

One of the few smiles from baby Gaby on the 4th

We also took some trips to the zoo. Whether its by ourselves, with our usual zoo-goers the Smitleys, or with friends we always have a good time. This time we went with Megan and Steve... and had a blast. Or at least Meg and I did as we laughed uncontrollably at Matt and Steve as they tried to jump as far as a kangaroo.


the Gabe-ster!


Trying to figure out how far a kangaroo jump!

the Gabe-ster and the Meg-ster!


Matt & Steve checking out the dinosaurs


Gabe and Daddy checking out the giraffe's

Along with all of our recent adventures Gabriel continues to grow, change and amaze us every single day. His perseverance and strength humbles me on a daily basis. Like the fact that our Gabe, who "should" be paralyzed on his left side gets closer and closer every day to crawling. See?


And yes those are his fabulously cute, ultra chunky legs!

Do you feel all caught up on our lives? You do? Good! And I promise (well, maybe), I'll never go that long without updating/

Hugs!

Don't forget our 147 Million shirt fundraiser!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I haven't checked in for a while (our own crazy busy life - you know the drill!) but that is AWESOME news about Gabe's eyes! Praise God!

Hugs!