Sunday, October 18, 2009

2 Months

2 months or 61 days or 1,464 hours = the amount of time Gabriel's been alive

And while the first 3 days of Gabe's life were the most stressful, awe-inspiring, LONG, heartwrenching and emotional days of my life.... the last 58 have just flown by. Each day Gabriel's smiles, coos and facial expressions enchant me and I fall deeper in love with this little blue-eyed babe. I never knew I could love someone so deeply, completely and fiercely (besides Matt, of course:) but I do. After listening to babies cry for the past 4 years, I never would have believed the cry from a little one could tear my heart into pieces - but it does. I didn't believe that after 2 months of waking up every 1 1/2 - 3 hours, I'd still smile when Gabriel would begin squirming in his bassinet - but I do. Well, most of the time :)

God has blessed us immeasurably by the gift of Gabriel and every day and every night I can't imagine what I did to deserve it. And then I realize that there is nothing I could've done to recieve such a wonderful gift except through the grace of God. So every day and every night I will thank God for our wonderful son. And as I thank God I will aslo pray for Miss B and the rest of Gabriel's family that they were brave enough, strong enough and loving enough to do what they believe is best for Gabriel and bless our lives immeasurably.

At two months old Gabriel, this is your life:
  • You're extraordinarily laid back, unless you want a bottle, have a wet diaper or need some cuddles.
  • Reading books, practicing tummy time and dancing to praise music are your favorite day time activities.

  • You miss Daddy during the day and smile whenever he talks to you on the phone. You also love exercising with Daddy at night.
  • You love to be held and cuddled and love to be worn! You're Chicco carrier and Moby wrap have gotten a lot of use the past few weeks - wearing you seems to be the only way I get any house work done!

  • Right now, you're quite the Momma's boy. I relish in our quiet moments together, in our hours spent cuddling and the way you hold onto my fingers. I know you won't be a Momma's boy forever so I'll enjoy it while I can.

  • 5 oz bottles are now filling your belly every 3 - 4 hours

  • Night time is still your time to party although we have been able to sleep for at least one 3-hour stretch each night! And while I love our nights together, I can't wait for you to sleep for 4, maybe 5 hours at a time :)

  • You're growing like a weed and filling out your 0-3 month closing quite nicely. Because of your cloth diapers most of your 0 - 3 month onesies aren't quite long enough anymore so we had to go up to the next size
Gabriel - you are the most wonderful baby in the world and we love you so much. Each day you grow, change and amaze me and your daddy. Thank you so much for all of the joy you bring into our lives!

We love you Gabe, happy 2 months! From the fullness of his GRACE we have all received one BLESSING after another. --John 1:16


Thanking God for all of his blessings, Meredith

***Thursday Gabriel has his next eye appointment - please pray that it goes well. Matt and I don't see much (or any) change since starting the patch but we're hoping that the doctor does.

No comments: