Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkins

It's no secret that I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween. I don't like costumes and I especially do not like masks. I can think of 100 other things I'd rather be doing than walking around outside when its cold and dark out. And while I could easily eat chocolate everyday, its not a diet I want for Gabe.

But in marriage their are some concessions to be made. Matt deals with my OCD, perfectionism and emotions... and we celebrate Halloween. Now Gabriel (and any future children) will not dress up in anything scary or will they run amok with too much sugar in their systems but they will be allowed to celebrate in the joyous adventure of childhood and for most (not me) that includes dressing up in costumes and parading around the neighborhood saying "trick-or-treat."

My opinion on masks will probably never change (I just hate not being able to see someones face) but some costumes are just too cute for words... or maybe it is the baby in the costume.



Cutest little pumpkin in the patch!


Exploring the pumpkin



Where's Gabe?


My pumpkin and my prince

Now after seeing those pictures, you can't even argue that he's not the cutest pumpkin you've ever seen... and no, I'm not even the least bit biased.

1 comment:

Donna said...

What a cute little pumpkin! He is so adorable. Printed out pic so we can adorn our counter top and Pam's mirror.
Love to you all, GrGrandma Donna