Thursday, October 22, 2009

Doctors, Animals and Quick Fingers

Today Gabriel and I ventured downtown to see the opthamologist. First just let me say how much I love the Cole Eye Institute. They have a seperate waiting room for children so we don't have to sit around in the general public with lots of potentially sick patients. Second we NEVER have to wait! They get us right in the room and the doctor is with us really soon. Third, everyone is SO nice; the secretaries checking us in and out, the nurses, the residents and especially Dr. K! I feel so blessed that Gabriel is able to go to such an outstanding place for his eye care. Lastly, they have my favorite drink at their cafe Nantucket Nectars Half-n-Half.


The doctor is pleased with the way his vision is developing and even though his eye lid is still half-closed Gabe is now able to adjust his head to see out of his right eye - no risk for loss of sight yet! We do have to increase our patch wearing time from one-half hour up to an hour each day! And that's totally not a problem, well not too much of a problem. It is a little problem because Gabriel has been working on his fine motor skills while I'm not looking and now has quick little fingers! Gabe is now able to take off his patch. I'm hoping that its inadvertent, but since he's done it twice... I'm beginning to think he's doing it on purpose. And while I'm glad Gabe's developing his fine motor skills, I had to explain to him the importance of wearing his patch but I'm not sure he was listening to me or plotting the next opprotunity to sneak off his patch!
And the patch is on....
Off with the patch!

Other than wearing his patch, further developing his fine motor skills Gabe is staying status quo and developing like the perfectly normal 9 week old that he is. I can't wait to see how big he is at his well visit next week!

To compliment Gabe's love of the outdoors and enjoy this unseasonably warm Ohio weather (70 degrees at the end of October - I hate global warming but will take the warm temps) Gabe took his 1st trip to the Zoo. Our friends Sarah, London and Waverly joined us and we hit the road early yesterday morning to explore the zoo!

Gabriel saw everything - the African Savannah (giraffes, zebras), Australia (koalas, kangaroos, walabys, walaroos) random birds, ocean creatures, Jungle animals (monkey's, cheetah's) and red pandas, gorilla's and lots more ( I just can't remember). We didn't make it to the Rainforrest or The Northern Trek but saw so much anyways!

Gabriel also saw DINOSAURS and Boo at the Zoo decorations! We had so much fun and can't wait to go back. Along with all of the animal watching it was great to visit with our friends. I had a blast hanging out with Sarah and Gabe enjoyed looking at Waverly and London. What fun times!

On a side note, I LOVE the zoo, it's one of my favorite places to go... so whether he wants to or not, Gabe is going to love the zoo too.

Me, Sarah and our babes

Me and Gabe







Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderfully warm, or cold depending on where you live, weather!


Love & Blessings, Meredith

No comments: