Monday, October 12, 2009

Aye Aye Matey

Gabriel's not going to be a pirate for Halloween but he probably should be........

Captain Gabriel

Have you ever seen a little pirate as cute as this? Sure, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom made me swoon in Pirates of the Caribbean, but they do not hold a candle to the cuteness that is Gabe.

But, anyways, Gabriel is doing great with his patches! 3 days in the bag and they don't even phase him. He still smiles, coos, growls, plays and cuddles like he does all day long. I'm fairly certain (and by fairly certain I mean 100% positive) I wouldn't be as calm as Gabriel. He's a trooper and so very strong.... and while it breaks my heart to have to put eye patches on him, I know it's the best thing that we, as his parents can do to help his right eye grow stronger. And, he won't remember a thing :)

One more shot of a super cute pirate.....

Love & Blessings,
Meredith

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight --Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

Becky said...

So I was going to try to talk like a pirate, but I just don't have it in me. But boy oh boy is that boy a cutie pie!!! :-)

wvamom said...

I love it! He is such a little sweetie! What a blessing that he has you and you have him.

Our oldest daughter had to have a patch on her eye, when she was 6 or so. I wish we could have done it earlier--it was harder for her by then. So glad you are getting to work on this now--and that you have the strength to do the right thing.

Carrie said...

Hey Meredith!
THanks for the comment...I have not had much time to catch up on blogs since Moses has been home, but am loving the pics of your Gabriel! What a precious gift. We live in NW Ohio, and it would be great to meet sometime. You can e-mail me here and we can communicate that way. So cool. I am trying to remember before I pull out the map; are you in the Cleveland area or southern OH?
Carrie