Thursday, November 5, 2009

My New Job

Yesterday Gabriel and I voyaged over to Beachwood to talk to my boss, visit some friends and answer the MILLION DOLLAR question: when will I be returning to work?

The conversation was short because I'd already accepted a new position closer to home. I'll no longer have an hour long commute both ways with treks in the snowbelt at 5:30 in the morning. Other than that my job was pretty awesome:

good hours,
weekends and bank holidays off,
laid back atmosphere,
great people to work with
And with my new job:
the pay is A LOT less
the hours are MUCH longer
No sick or vacation time
I have to work ALL holidays.
It sounds as though I got the short-end of the stick in this job change but I know better. My new boss, well he's super cute and the person reporting to me.... well I couldn't adore him more.
Our days will be filled with working lunches, late night meetings, purchasing meetings at local businesses and lots of team-building exercises. I can't go any higher up the corporate ladder and he can't get fired. Meet my new co-worker:




Yep, that's right.... yesterday I officially resigned from my job to take the position I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl!

I will be a stay at home Mom.....
and I couldn't be happier!

6 comments:

Luke H. said...

I enjoyed the phrasing and wit behind this post. Great decision and congratulations on your new position!

Dardi said...

Congratulations!! You will never regret it. We just adopted our 2 year old yesterday, & the judge looked at our children with a raised eyebrow & said, "You have them from age 20 to, well, 2??" Yep, I loved it then, I still love it now! Enjoy!

Dardi

Anna H. said...

You're so creative.

It's all that and more--enjoy!!!!

Auntie Lu said...

LOVE IT!!! Congrats!

Donna said...

Hi Meredith,
Glad to see you have the same job I had. It is very rewarding and may God bless you. love, Donna

Desiree said...

Congrats! Gabe is so lucky.