I suppose it went to bottles, cuddles, naps, cuddles, playing, cuddles, learning and more cuddles. Do you see a trend in our activities... yep, Gabe is a cuddler and I love it! I love it even more because when he's done cuddling he uses his little hands and pushes you away. It's so funny and I can NOT believe how strong he is.
Yes, everyday Gabe gets a little bit stronger, a little bit longer and, alas, a little bit chunkier. We weighed him a two days ago on our scale and it said he weighed 14lbs.... not that big of a weight gain for 3 1/2 weeks considering he went from 9lbs 2 oz at 1 month to 13 lbs 7oz at 2 months. Is his growth starting to slow down? I'm not really sure because it seems like he's a little bit longer every morning when he wakes up.
Speaking of waking up, Gabe is doing quite a bit better sleeping at night. While he still wakes up every 2 hours or so, he generally doesn't need anything until about 3 AM when he's hungry for a bottle. He just wakes up, talks and coos for a bit and then goes back to sleep. I suppose when Gabe goes into his own room I may not even notice these little bouts of awake time... but I'm just not ready for him to sleep in his own room yet. Maybe soon.... but maybe not!
So, Gaby-Baby, this is what you're up to at 3 months old:
- You have the cutest chubby cheeks! It's no wonder Daddy calls you 'Cheeks' and Nonnie calls you a 'Chunky Monkey.'
- You have the most contagious smile. I dare anyone to see you smile and not smile back. They won't be able to do it... your smile is more contagious than the Swine Flue
- And now you smile at me or Daddy when we smile at you.
- You coo, gurgle and make the sweetest noises!
- Gabe, you still LOVE your bottles! You drink a 5 ounce bottle every 3 hours or so and then drink a whopping 6 ounces around 9 or 10 every night... and that keeps you nice and full to the aforementioned 3 AM.
- Playing on your oceans mat is always soooo much fun as is reaching for your rattles and toys when you're laying on a blanket.
- Tummy time is still amusing for you too. Except, you're not pushing up as much or for as long :( I think that its just because you are a little bit too chunky for your little muscles to hold up for too long :)
- As long as the weather stays nice (and by nice I mean above 40 degrees or so) we go for a walk outside each day! It's amazing what a little fresh air will do for your (or my) disposition!
- Reading is also an integral part of our day... and occasionally I throw in a Harry Potter chapter or too to keep me a little more occupied! You actually seem to enjoy it... I think as long as your comfy in my lap and I use an excited voice I could probably read you the phone book and you'd smile!
Next week not only are you having your good friends London and Waverly visit, you are also going to be 14 weeks old and celebrate your 1st Thanksgiving!! Lots of big adventures are coming up in your little life.... I'm so excited! And you are too, you just don't know it yet!
Tried to get a picture of Gabe smiling....
but he just wanted to eat his hands!
Thank you so much for traveling this journey with us; watching us grow in faith, Gabe grow in life and our family grow in size!