Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kings and Queens

I used to love Audio Adrenaline when I was younger; they even played at Winterfest one year and my friends and I were so excited.

I hadn't heard anything new from them in a while when I pulled into the driveway one day and saw their name pop-up on the display of our radio.  Gabe and I sat in the car while I listened to their new (to me, at least) song. 

"And of course, tears pricked my eyes.  Especially at these words:
Little hands, shoeless feet, lonely eyes looking back at me
Will we leave behind the innocent too brief
On their own, on the run when their lives have only begun
These could be our daughters and our sons
And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating
I know my God won’t let them be defeated
Every child has a dream to belong and be loved"
 
 
Watch it if you dare.  Have a tissue at hand. 



I love this song.  I am excited that God is using another musician to spread his mandate to love the orphan.

I'm also super excited that this evening I'll be meeting up with some of the most amazing women who are being his hands and feet and loving the 'least' of these.

Created for Care here I come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes! I LOVE this song!!! See you SOON!!

Jessica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Kings and Queens! I blare it on the radio ALL the time!