Thursday, April 4, 2013

Organizing my inbox

Last night I was organizing my email inbox.  Putting emails in the folder they belong in, creating new folders, deleting old emails... it felt good! 

As I made my way to the bottom of my inbox I found an email from Matt dating back to June 26, 2009.    June 26, 2009 was one month and one day before we met Gabe's birth parents and were given one of the best gifts ever.

Matt directed me to Isaiah 54: 1-3.  I remember reading it and weeping; knowing deep in my heart that good things were coming.  

Sing, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
burst into song, shout for joy
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.
Says the Lord.
"Enlarge the place of your tent,
stretch your tent curtains wide,
don not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes.
For you will spread out to the right and to the left;
your descendants will dispossess nations
and settle in their desolate cities.
 
 
I needed to read it again yesterday.  And I have a feeling that some of my adoptive mommy friends who are waiting need to read it as well.
 
I decided to check out other versions of these verses and while I'm generally not a fan of The Message, the easy terminology it shared Isaiah 54:1-3 in gave me such hope.
 
"Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby.
Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth!
You're ending up with far more children
than all those childbearing women"
God says so!
"Clear lot of ground for your tents!
Make your tents large. Spread out!  Think big!
Use plenty of rope.
drive the tent pegs deep.
You're going to need lots of elbow room
for your growing family.
You're going to take over whole nations;
you're going to resettle abandoned cities.
 
Adoption, waiting, loving a child when you have yet to see their face or hold them in your arms... it may be hard but it is so worth it.  Waiting for Gabriel was more than worth it.  Waiting for this next little one to enter our lives is more than worth it as well. 
 
One day, one fine day, our house will be as full as our hearts.  The Bible tells me so!!
 
 

 
 


 



No comments: