Sunday, June 27, 2010

Garage Sale Success

Thanks to the fabulous donations of our friends and families time and stuff, wonderful weather and of course through the grace of God our garage sale was a smashing success! We were hoping to cover our application fee for the agency but after all the stress the days before I would've been happy with $100. I'm astonished and blessed to say that after 12 hours of sales (and a few presales Thursday night) we raised $749.83 for our adoption fund! 17 cents shy of $750, more than we could have ever imagined! We are so blessed... and so excited to be on our way.

Now the day(s) in pictures:

Our house with all of the merchandise and a few early shoppers!




My lovely lemonade girls: Alexis and Adrian. Not only are they two of the sweetest little ladies I've ever met, they happen to live right across the street. I love them to pieces!


Matt modeled some of the merchandise. Some how this lovely dog sweater didn't sell. Although one woman tried it on. Aren't you glad she didn't buy it Sarah?

My lovelies that came to help out: Sondra, Nicole, Sarah and Megan







And Gabe after a day of garage sale-ing. And yes, someone did ask if he was for sale... I replied, only for a bagillion dollars. I'm not sure how much a bagillion dollars is, but I'm pretty sure it's more than all of the money in the world!



Luke 12:33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

1 comment:

Dardi said...

Congratulations! What a blessed day!!