Monday, June 14, 2010

Why wait?

I was on YouTube a little bit ago looking for something a friend recommended; she said it would make me laugh but I found this video instead: All I Really Want for Christmas by Steven Curtis Chapman. And I thought, oh I'll save this and post it at Christmas... and then deep in my heart I felt God say "why wait" And while I am one of the first people you will ever meet to start playing Christmas music, generally before Halloween :) I thought, nah, it's way too early for Christmas music.

But this isn't just Christmas music; it's a song that resonates deep in my soul and brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Imagine growing up being one of many, never having anyone wipe your tears, bandage your knees or tell you they love you. I can't even fathom that and it breaks my heart that over 147 million children go to bed without knowing a mother's gentle touch or a father's guiding hand.

I'm not sure why God instilled in me such a passion for adoption and orphans. I feel like I need to be doing something bigger than just trying to bring a family home for myself (yes, adopting for me is also a selfish reason because I long for a home filled with love, laughter and a little chaos) but God hasn't shown me what that is yet. So for now, until I know what my 'mission' in life is besides being a wife to Matt and Mama to Gabe, I will just share my passions with this little platform God has given me through my blog. And maybe one day, I'll know what to do with my passions... what to do when I grow up!

So, I ask you, why wait?

No comments: