Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Like Ants

Phillippians 2:4 "Let each of you look not only to his own
interests, but also to the interests of others."

I hate, HATE, hate ants! Well, let me revise that; ants outside where they belong our fine and dandy. But the little bitty black ants that have invaded the area behind my sink, well I absolutely hate them... A LOT! You truly have no idea how much I hate those little critters in my house.

So tonight Gabe and I came home from Caleb's baseball game when I looked over the sink and what did I see... ANTS! But they weren't just skittering about this time, they were working together to carry a piece of oatmeal up the wall. 7 ants were working together to move this piece of oatmeal much bigger than they were to take food to their colony.

Galatians 6:2 "Bear one another's burdens.."

By the way, where is that colony? I want to find it and destroy it!!!

Anyways, before I killed said ants I marveled at the idea that these ants were working together for a wonderful cause (hunger). And I was struck by the thought that if we people worked as hard as the ants in my kitchen and worked together too boot. We could do amazing things if we only worked together.

Then God kind of smacked me upside the head (not really!) with the fact that this is going on in my life right now! Right now people are buying coffee, donating items to our garage sale and offering their time to help at the garage sale. Right now people are coming together for a wonderful cause; something so much bigger than themselves... bringing an orphan home to their forever family, giving the gift of life to a child (or children) who otherwise would have so little.

And I was blown away! That there are so many wonderful people in my life (or in the life of people I know) that would give of their time and money to support our mission. Because not only are we creating a family for ourselves we are following God's heart and helping the orphans.

Now I'm not saying (writing) this to pat myself on the back but to recognize all of the wonderful people that are equipping us on our journey to Africa and back!

I can not say thank you enough, but know we are grateful and you are loved!

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends
to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed."

No comments: