Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Father's Day to my 3 Favorite Fathers; Gabe's Daddy, My Dad and our Abba Father
Gabe's Daddy: When people think of couples longing for a child they always think of the mother; but like me last mother's day, last father's day Matt was just a man wishing he could be a father. Quicker than we could have ever imagined Matt became a daddy. And what a daddy he is; he positively dotes on Gabe and the smiles on their faces when they see each other only remotely display the bond they have. Most people think Gabe is a Mama's boy right now, what they don't see is how Gabe acts when Matt comes home from work! He is beside himself with glee that Daddy is home to play and immediately, no matter what type of day Matt had, Gabe is in his arms. Matt is the absolute best father God could have given Gabe. Matt loves Gabe and expects great things from him. He treats him like he's a normal little boy and that is exactly what Gabe needs; a daddy who is fun, adventurous and always makes him smile. And that's the kind of daddy God gave him.

Matt works hard to give Gabe everything that he needs; he works 40+ hours a week and goes to school anywhere from 2 - 4 nights a week (depending on the semester) all to give Gabe (and whatever future children we have) a better life. But Matt knows life isn't about what you have but about your faith in God. And through the years Matt grows deeper in his faith - he is the perfect man to raise a godly son. In case we don't tell you enough Matt/Daddy, we love you and appreciate everything you do for us and give up for us!



My Dad: Daddy's girl or not, I'm pretty sure since birth I've had my dad wrapped at least loosely around my finger :) After 2 sons my Dad was more than ready for my girliness but maybe a little less ready for emotions... but everything he took in stride; loving me, providing for me and always doing what was best for me. I am so grateful for everything he has done for me; from ballet recitals to picking up batons at parades to late night pick-ups to walking me down the aisle on my wedding day. My dad has always been there for me and I know he always will. How do I know? For one, because he loves me so he has too and for another, because he shows me how much he loves me. Working long hours on vacation days to get my lawn in order is not only a great help to me and Matt but also shows me how much he loves me! Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you!



And my Abba Father who loves me more than I'll ever deserve with a grace I'll never earn. No matter what I've done, where I've gone, He takes me back. He still calls me daughter.



















Happy Father's Day to all the Father's out there and to all those waiting to be a father... my prayers for you are that your heart and arms are full soon.
XOXO

No comments: