Friday, July 13, 2012

10 Months Waiting

We've made it through 10 months on the wait list. 
Waiting. 
My thoughts on waiting vary from day to day. 
Hindsight is certainly 20/20 and now that we know many of the ins and outs of international adoption I don't expect we will ever wait in this manner again. 
Waiting for God's perfect timing?  Yes.
Waiting while their are 1000's of children on photo listings waiting for a family?  No.
But for right now, we wait.
Some days waiting are good and we bask in the knowledge that our family will grow according to God's timing.
Other days, well the other days I forget to trust in God's timing and my human tendencies of anxiousness and impatience come into play.
But for today and hopefully tomorrow I will cling tight to Isaiah 30:21 and know that God has placed us on this path for a reason. 

Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying "this is the way; walk in it." 
-Isaiah 30:21

No comments: