Saturday, July 14, 2012

El Salvador Here We Come!


Today I leave for El Salvador. 

For the third time this week I will find myself at IAH but for the first time since I became a mother I will be going through security alone.  I'll admit I'm a little nervous.  I am a bit anxious to leave Gabriel. 

But I am so excited.  As I've been preparing myself to go on my first international missions trip, I've been reading my Bible and praying a little more than usual.  As I looked up a different version of a verse I wasn't quite understanding I found this saying:

“God loves us the way we are, but He loves us too much to leave us that way.” ~Leighton Ford

I am so grateful for that kind of love; a perfecting kind of love.  The type of love that calls you out of your comfort zone, teaches you about loving other people and instructs you on how to be His hands and feet. 

I can not wait!!  To go.  See. Learn. And love! 

Any and all prayers would be appreciated.  Especially for Gabe and that he's glad to see me when I get back [smile].

No comments: