Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life's LITTLE Uncertainties

Pray for MeWe participate in "Pray for Me... Pray for Others" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to add your prayer request. Join a community of friends who care about you, and hope you will care about them.


Please think of us tomorrow at 4:45 as we meet with our prospective birth mother. The anticipation has become all but consuming; my thoughts, prayers and hopes are never far from
her (birth mother) and the baby. And when I say "the baby", my heart aches, because I desperately wish to say "our baby." I've actually had to stop myself from using those words to frequently because I'm afraid that I'll lose what's not even ours yet. Our future is so uncertain, at least to us.

Corrie ten Boom said "Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future only He can see."

So while I want so badly for this baby to be "our baby" I need to remember that our plan is not always His plan. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."and for the longest time I've used that verse as my verse: the verse I'd cling to when life didn't go the way I thought it would, when life's little uncertaities kept creeping up.

And if tomorrow doesn't go the way we'd like it too, we'll remember Jeremiah 29:11. But if He answeres our prayers the way we asked, I'll remember that God has a plan for me, for Matt and for our family.

But until we know exactly the direction He is leading us, will you join us in prayer? Prayers for this young birth mother; that she feels God's love and has a healthy pregnancy, for us; that she asks us to be her baby's parents, that God uses us in her life and that Matt and I stand firm in our faith through this uncertain time.

I am so excited, quite nervous and extremely scared. 1 more sleepless night to endure, 7 hours of work and then the meeting that may truly be the answer to our prayers and the beginning of the next chapter in our lives; our continued journey through life's little uncertainties.

Love & Blessings, Meredith

To fill some of my time afternoon I lost miserably in Mario Cart to my nephew, ordered fabric swatches from Polka Tot Designs and read the newest edition of Serious Life. If you're looking for an interesting and inspiration read, click on the badge below:

Serious.Life Magazine

3 comments:

Becky said...

We will be praying for you, for the birth mother and for all of your intentions!!! I know how tough it is to keep hope alive while trying not to allow your heart to potentially be broken. God has a plan for you and has brought you this far. He will lead you, and your baby, home!

The Gayden's said...

You are in my prayers always, I hope the meeting went well. Let us know as soon as you can how it went. I am praying that you will be blessed with a baby very soon.

God Bless You
Kristin

Becky said...

We've been praying this afternoon...looking forward to hearing about the meeting :-)