Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Week

In one week:
  • I will have gone 16 nights with minimal sleep, continuously waking up thinking about our potential birth mother and our potential baby
  • I will have prayed more, read my Bible more and asked for prayers more than ever before
  • I will have sang more contemporay Christian music at the top of my lungs in my car, illiciting even more strange looks than usual
  • we will meet the birth mother of our potential baby.

Birth mother, potential baby, interviews and God's will have played a big part on the past 9 days and I imagine will play an even bigger part on the upcoming 7 days. Not an hour goes by that I don't find myself day dreaming (or dreaming) about our baby. Yes, I'm in that deep because I already think of this young girls baby as our baby. I've thought about the upcoming months until her due date in October, I've thought of names, colors and baby products I just want to have. Glass bottles, cloth diapers and organic cotton sheets have been found.

I am in deep and that scares me. But we (Matt and I) feel that God put this young girl in our path for a reason. And while we pray ferverently that His reason is that this baby will be the first addition to the LaGorga family, we also pray that no matter what happens, God will use us in this young girls life. That when she sees us and talks to us, she not only feels comfortable with completing a plan of adoption with us for her child but that she also sees God's love for her through us. Will you join us in praying for her: that with everything that she's thinking and feeling that she will feel God's love for her. God is in control, and while we pray that this baby is OUR baby, we pray for God's will to be done according to His plan for us and for this birth mother and baby.

Trying to keep busy to stop the thoughts of room colors, names and all things baby has deepened my desire to find a way to help Africa. While I know God has put Ethiopia in our hearts because eventually we will find part of our family there, I want to do something now! So, I've joined the Mocha Club and would love for you to go check it out. My team name is Hose143 for in Hosea 14:3 says "In you the orphan finds mercy" and while I'm not sure how much I can provide any orphan, I will do my best. Going to Starbucks two less times a month will change nothing for me but a whole lot for them...

Love & Blessings, Meredith

3 comments:

Tanya said...

All I can say is that it's one lucky baby, to be wanted this much. You are in my prayers!

Becky said...

We are praying for you in Illinois! I remember the emotions you describe like it was yesterday, even though it was 5 years ago...I'll be keeping you and bm in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!