Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Day One Lunch

Not all of us can do great things.
But we can do small things with great love. ~ Mother Teresa
Would you like to take part in something so small but can do so much good?

What would you be willing to give? Or better yet, what would you be willing to give up?

If you could actually change the life of a child through a simple action, would you?

What would you be willing to do? Or better yet, what would you be willing to do without?

Did you know that $3.00 can buy a preschooler in Ethiopia lunch for a month? $3.00 can't even buy me my favorite Starbucks coffee!

If you want to take part in something that requires so little but can do so much click here:
One Day One Lunch

On Thursday February 3, I will join Addisyn Block ( her mom writes the blog Building the Blocks, read it and you will be inspired, and the stories of her kids are hilarious sometimes!) and give up my lunch to feed a child for 1 month.

If a 15 year old can give up her lunch for 100 days to help make a change, I can give up my lunch for one. Can you?

1 comment:

krafterskorner said...

Not to toot my own horn, but I fast lunch every Friday and give the money I would have spent toward missions projects at my church. One week it went to buy warm clothes for the kids at a local elementary school because they were still wearing shorts and flip-flops in the middle of our frigid Missouri winter because their parents couldn't afford warm clothes.

Thanks for keeping us updated on Gabe. He sure is cute! I can't wait to "meet" your newest little one.