Monday, March 26, 2012

Hebrews 13:3

“Remember those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” - Hebrews 13:3

Jen Hatmaker's letter to Trayvon's Mom nailed it.  Completely nailed it. She says everything I was thinking when I read about Trayvon Martin and so much more. Take a moment to read her article. 

And then read this article by John Piper. 

Soon, hopefully sooner than later, I will be a mother to a brown skinned child and my heart just aches at the thought that he will encounter racism.  I know he will and I know we will have to have tough conversations about race, skin color, God and other people's hearts.  Until recently I didn't give it much thought.  I knew that we will encounter racism and that our children will face injustice because of their skin color.  But I tried to stay unaffected by it.  But it should be affecting us.  And it will be affecting us in the years to come. 

C'mon people.  What can we do to train up our children to stop the racisim that is burdening our society.  And what can we do about it now. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are to train our children up and when they grow old they will not depart from it: according to God's word.