Friday, March 9, 2012

The Promise

He who calls you is faithful, He will do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:24

This was the verse that our pastor preached on this past week.  And it continued to play in my mind and on my heart all week.

The story behind the verse: In verses 1 - 22,, Paul commands us to pursue a holy life. To affirm that command, he gives us a promise; a promise from God.  A promise from God?  If you can put your faith in anything, surely it would be a promise from God.  Right? 


As this week has progressed, 1 Thessalonians 5:24 seemed to apply to many of the situations I was presented.  I texted it to a friend who is making some life changing decisions, I prayed it over a friend who's father recently passed away and I keep repeating it to myself as we approach the 6 month waiting mark.

While we question the wait, when other's wonder why we're waiting on a list when there are so many waiting children, at the times anxiety makes the wait seem unbearable; we will remember 1 Thessalonians 5:24.  I will repeat it, pray it and most likely get wall art made of it. 

The greatest thing about this verse is it is fits everywhere.  Everywhere! Is God calling you to adopt? change jobs? move? volunteer somewhere? embark on a new adventure? 1 Thessalonians 5:24 will remind you and encourage you that He is faithful.  He will do it.  No matter what.


No comments: