Thursday, June 20, 2013

BAM

Today is a day that will forever be burned in my mind.  

When Miss Shannon (Gabe's physical therapist) asked me to come back into the therapy room I was excited to see what he was going to show me.  I could have never anticipated what I witnessed.  I am so thankful I had the fortitude to decide to video it. 

 
Gabe walking!! from Meredith LaGorga on Vimeo.

I was texting Sondra after showing her the video and we were both in tears over Gabe's walking.  Here's my text to her "Honestly, I thought it'd be years before he'd take steps independently, if ever.  It was so beautiful and He is so good."

Oh ye of little faith. 

But here's the caveat... if Gabe never walked independently, that would be okay.  As his parents, all we want for him is for him to love Jesus and grow up to be all that he can be.  It's his drive and never-stop-working attitude combined with awesome therapists and God's amazing grace that allows us to continue to witness these miracles. 

My heart is so full.  Another Gabe sized miracle just knocked me off my feet.  God and Gabe.  They sure showed us.  BAM!

June 20, 2013...  I will never forget this date.

Sweet Gabriel boy, I hope you know how proud Daddy and Mommy are of you.   We hope you're proud of yourself too.  You are the strongest, bravest boy we know and are amazed at how hard you work.  We love you.  Always. And to infinity and beyond.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was just beyond amazing!!!!

woosterweester said...

MEREDITH!!! Your prayer request at C4C! God answered so big and I am SOBBING friend. Oh my word that is beautiful. Gabe, you are such a hero to me. Oh my gosh Mere, I just can't stop crying tears of joy...totally humbled and privileged to watch this miracle.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! Tears of joy as I read this, Meredith!!!!!!! What a miracle!!!!! Thank you, God!

Stephanie said...

Gabriel you are such a joy and you bring hope to so many people around you. What an amazing milestone in your young life. You just blow me away and make me so happy and so proud of you.

Dardi said...

Bawling here.

Team Keehn said...

Oh girl, I am crying over here too. You are such a beautiful person. Gabe is AMAZING! Praising God with you!