Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day

Blessed.  When I think about Father's Day that is the word that comes to mind.  Gabe and I are so blessed to have Matt as the daddy in this household.  He is such a great daddy to Gabe; he's definitely the more fun one out of the two of us and the laughs he elicits from Gabe are just too sweet.  Daddy is the only one who gets Gabe to do that deep, belly laugh that is like music to my ears. 
 
Besides being so much fun, Matt is just an awesome dad.  He's firm with Gabe when he needs to be, lenient at the right times and loves Gabe for exactly who God made him to be.  He encourages him, builds him up and is already teaching him how to be a good, godly boy. 
 
This pair.  Not only did God Give me the perfect husband to raise my children with, he gave my children exactly the father that they need.
 
 
 



We celebrated Father's Day be sleeping in (YAY!)  and then meeting the other father's in my life at the Vermilion Fish Festival. 

My dad is the definition of a good father.  He worked hard to raise his children, he loved us sacrificially and did his best to teach us right and wrong.  My brother's and I were so blessed to have a dad who loved us as completely as he did and are even more fortunate that although we have all entered adulthood and started our own families, he is always willing to go the extra mile to help us. 

 
My brothers... well, it's been a fun ride watching them go from brother's who spent equal amounts of time teasing me and loving me to devoted fathers.  They are such good fathers; dedicated to raising their sons to be the best that they can be and I am so honored to call them my brothers.




My favorite 9 guys! And with 9 men ranging from 3 to well, I won't tell you how old my dad is, it was impossible to get them all to look at the camera at the same time.  Alas, a Father's Day picture nonetheless.

No comments: