Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bicycle Bicycle Bicycle

Jens Voigt, a professional German bicyclist once said "When my legs hurt, I say: "Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do!""

I think that Jens Voigt statement is a summary of Gabe's life.  Nothing physical that Gabe does comes easy but he doesn't complain, he doesn't stop he just continues to persevere.  Standing, walking and riding a bike come so easily to most but for Gabe it's a fight.  It's a fight to get his brain to cooperate and learn the motor planning, it's a fight to get his muscles to work against his tone and move in a useful manner.  It's a battle that Gabe is winning. 

You may just see these video's as a little boy learning to ride a tricycle.  But me, I get lost in watching him place his feet on the pedals, point to air planes and keep his balance and doing an activity that other little kids do.  Like so many other times when I look at Gabriel I see God's goodness and grace all over him. 


 
Gabe bike from Meredith LaGorga on Vimeo.

Riding a Bike from Meredith LaGorga on Vimeo.

It's hard to watch these videos and not be inspired.... it's also impossible for me to not hear the Bicycle Race lyrics from Queen in my head [Smile].

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like



 
 
*And yes I know Gabe needs a helmet :)

No comments: