Saturday, July 11, 2009

Waiting for Wednesday

I've shared little bits and pieces of my life outside of adoption with my many (or few) readers and I've told you all of my love for books. If you know me IRL (in real life)you know I'm a closet nerd and a book worm, that I get great joy out of looking at all the books on my book shelf and like to peruse old college text books. But my love for books when mixed with a wonderful British writer translates into pure euphoria.

My love affair with all things Harry Potter began in high school when I first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. It was my sophomore year of high school, soccer season had just ended and I was feeling a bit under the weather. It's slightly embarrassing that I remember that... kind of like the question where were you when JFK was shot? but for me, I'll remember when I first read HP. Jo Rowling is a wonderful writer and drew me in quickly. It pained me to wait between installments but I think the delay in gratification caused me to further appreciate the books. My oldest nephew on the other hand, hasn't read all of the books yet, but didn't have to wait countless months (or years) between each book release.

So this week, while I anxiously await some "doctors notes" to continue further our dance to Ethiopia, I will wait for something else as well. I will wait for 12:00 am Wednesday when I, joined with aforementioned nephew and his father, will see the sixth installment of Harry Potter! To say that I'm excited is quite an understatement. I just hope that the movie will live up to they hype while being realistic enough to know that the movie won't be as good as the book. They never are anyways, right?

And you can wait with me, follow my countdown below and share in my excitement! Or just laugh quietly as I relish in my own Harry Potter utopia!

Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully the next update will include some adoption updates! Or maybe just a picture of me and my nephew in our Harry Potter shirts!

Love & Blessings, Meredith




No comments: