Monday, June 20, 2011

Choosing to See

I was super tired today... it could be the stress of living in a hotel or the uncertainty of where and when we're moving or it could be the fact that when I couldn't sleep last night I went to the bathroom, shut the door and opened my Kindle.

Just so you know, I wasn't doing anything but reading in the bathroom, it's just that Matt and Gabe were sleeping and the bathroom is the only place I could turn on the light and it not bother them.

Earlier in the day I had started to read Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman. I'd only read a few pages when duty called (duty named Gabe) and I had to put my Kindle down. So in the peace and quiet of the night, I read and read and read. I laughed, cried, was inspired, convicted and awed.

The book was the story of Mary Beth Chapman; growing up, meeting Steven, birthing babies, depression, adoption and the death of her youngest daughter; Maria Sue.

Around 3 am I was too tired to keep my eyes open so I went to bed thinking about the miracle of adoption and the marvelous way God weaves people into our lives.

I woke up wanting to read but had to wait until Gabe's nap time. Of course, Gabe didn't want to nap (eek! 22 month olds need naps!) but during his rest time I was able to finish the book.

And my recommendation is READ IT!

If you're looking for comfort or inspiration - read it!
If you want to laugh and cry - read it!
If you want to feel God's love and grace - read it!



Next up on my list: Unplanned. It's the story of former Planned Parenthood director, Abby Johnson, whom after witnessing an ultrasound guided abortion was drastically changed. Much so, that she's now Pro-life. I read the first chapter as a preview. And cried. I can't wait to read how God's transformed her life and inspired her to help others.

So what's in your Kindle?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey, received the coffee last week; yummo! Thank you so much! I will pray for you guys as you settle and adjust and I hope you get in your house soon! I read that book a couple months ago; awesome book!