Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today

Today I woke up in Gabe's room because he had a very rough night. A rough night for Gabe generally means an early bedtime for me and right now, I am anxiously awaiting bed time.


My morning email check revealed that we are in the Top 8 for fundraising with Ordinary Hero today!!! Woot woot! After all the changes with moving to Texas we really want to win that grant, so go shop [smile].

This morning Matt and I went to our USCIS fingerprinting appointment. Contrary to what I've heard from other people the USCIS appointment was super easy and quick. The governmental workers were really nice and seemed to really know what they were doing! Usually it takes a lot of tries to get my fingers printed but today I only had one print rejected. And it was accepted on the next try!


Today we also went for our local background checks that were rejected the first time we submitted our dossier. When I called the Houston PD they told me that it would cost $200 each. Yikes! I wasn't prepared for the $400 but you've got to do what you've got to do. However, when we arrived, it was only $20 per person. Can I tell you what a fabulous surprise that was?

Today Matt and I went out to lunch, just the 2 of us! With my parents being in town Matt and I are going to take advantage of having babysitters on hand and go to a movie this weekend :)


I bit the bullet today and ordered a new bathing suit to take on vacation next month. Do all women hate bathing suit shopping as passionately as I do? It's almost as bad as jean shopping!


After a short nap with Gabe this afternoon, I cooked dinner for the first time since my parents came to town. If I do say so myself, the chicken and brocolli alfredo was top-notch.


Now, proof Gabe's grandparents are really here:



Gabers and Papo cuddling on the floor watching Bobby and Larry






and sharing his pool with Nonny.


Today... is a day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it....

No comments: