Tuesday, May 15, 2012

El Salvador 2012

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Matthew 28:19-20

Two months from yesterday, I will be meeting up at IAH with a team from our home church in Ohio to go serve in El Salvador.  We will be serving in the city of La Libertad.  I am so excited, like beyond excited.  I have been wanting to go serve on a missions trip and am so grateful for this opportunity. 

Matt and my mom will be on Gabe duty while I'm gone.  It is such a blessing that my mom will come to Houston to watch Gabe while Matt works.  When I think about leaving Gabriel for a week my palms get sweaty and my heart starts to palpitate.  It makes me almost want to change my mind.  Almost.  But I know Gabe will be in great hands here and I am needed in El Salvador.  Although I can't speak Spanish and know little of the culture, the doors God has opened so I'd be able to go is a definite sign that it's my turn to serve.  The saying "God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called" certainly applies
I can't wait to see how God uses me and changes me on this trip.

“To belong to Jesus is to embrace the nations with Him.” - John Piper

No comments: