Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Numbers

Boys: 72 (down 3)
Girls: 96 (down 2)
Siblings: 36 (up 2)

Word on the street has it that there was only one referral this past month.  Can I tell you how much that stinks? Word on the street also has it that the other movement is from people leaving AGCI and adopting through other avenues.  Can I tell you how awesome that is; that children waiting else where are no longer waiting!
And may I tell you how frustrating it is to see your numbers go up?  Very, very frustrating.  Here's praying for some miraculous movement on the wait list.  As much as it stinks for us, the lovely family at number 1 on the girls list has been there 10 weeks.  That is just unbearable to think about considering the large number of orphans that need families. 

I read this passage this morning, seems to fit right for today. "Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience." James 1:3 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Meredith! I saw your post on Dardi's blog and realized I hadn't stopped in to check on you in a loooong time! Can't wait to catch up on what's going on with y'all!
Blessings,
Rebecca