Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tomorrow = 6 years

Six years ago tomorrow, I said I do. 
Little did I know that by saying "I do", I was also saying "I will".  I will love you more tomorrow than I did yesterday.  I will follow you anywhere.  I will laugh harder with you then anyone else.  I will never let you go this side of heaven.  I will use all the hot water.  I will leave cabinet doors open, drawers cracked and teabags in the bath tub... and you will let me get away with it!  I will not give up on you, us or our son. I will cry on your shoulder, kick you in bed and learn to love cooking; for you, our family, for anyone really.

Marriage has been more than I could have ever imagined; so much better!  What other way can you wake up with your best friend everyday... and spread your obsessive-compulsiveness of re - arranging someone else's clothes according to ROY G. BIV. 
Six years or 72 months or 2192 days (two leap years in there)
Time is funny though, sometimes I can't believe we've been married 6 years, together more than 8.  Other times I can't believe it has only been 6 years.  And that's a good thing!  But it seems like life before Matt belongs to someone else entirely. 
These past 6 years have been crazy; lots of good, some bad.  It's hard to believe this is only the beginning of the good stuff to come. 

Now for a few snapshots from May 13, 2006.
 

 
We were so young and in-love.  The good thing is we're still young, still in-love and still have a long way to go together! 

I'm certain if we got married today, this song would be a close second to our wedding song. 

1 comment:

Alison said...

Beautiful pictures!!! You were such a beautiful bride! Happy Anniversary to ya'll!!!