Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Cousin Fun

We've spent quite a bit of time with Gabe's cousins the past few weeks and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.  These boys bring me so much joy that when I sneak a peek to watch them wrestle, play trains or squirt each other with the hose my heart feels like it must burst.  And I have to sneak a peak because Gabe does not like me interrupting his time with his guys (the newest way he refers to his cousins).
 
This kid loves to be crazy for the camera.  And I'm pretty crazy about him.  And his brothers.   



 
We had a sort-of-fun water balloon fight combined with a really fun water hose fight in Nonny and Papo's backyard.  I took a number of pictures, they were all of very poor quality.  This one's just for memories sake. 
 
Another trip to Twist and Shake.  Gabe's ice cream melted so fast he only had a few bites before declaring "hand dirty" and handing me what was left of the mushy mess of his ice cream cone.



 
Going old school on a rainy day and forgetting the video games and playing Hungry Hungry Hippo!  I'm proud to say that my hippo, Happy, was pretty hungry and had I not given back some of my marbles, I would have won every time! Ha!
 

Even the Gabester got in on the action for a bit.



Gabe's cousin's sleep-in a wee bit later than Gabe does.  He'll only play with mommy for a little bit before he has to go check on his cousins.  Jake doesn't seem to mind getting up with Gabe if it includes relaxing on the pull-out bed playing Angry Birds

Three of our four awesome nephews.  The fourth one, missing from pictures, is a busy 16 year old (yes, 16 - eek!) who is extremely busy with baseball, soccer and friends.  Every game we attend he always comes over, gives us hugs and thanks us for coming.  His dad (my brother) and mom are raising such a great kid. We are so proud of the wonderful young man he's turned out to be and cherish every moment we spend with him. 

What's an afternoon without a 3 piece train consisting of a baseball pillow and two cute little kids.  As Sammy said "this is just how cousins have fun!"  Love him!



 
We count ourselves blessed to be able to spend so much time with Gabe's cousins.  Gabe's cousins love him.  Period.  They don't care that he can't walk (although all of them chair him on as he learns to walk, one even tearing up when he saw Gabe's awesome video), or can't converse with them, they just love him.  Plain and simple. 

We are so blessed.
 
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
 
Johnson Oatman Jr. Hymn: Count Your Blessings Written 1897

No comments: