Monday, September 2, 2013

Catching Up (picture overload post!)

Besides special events like turning four and visiting with the Cleveland Browns, we have been keeping busy with every day life.  A brief synopsis!

Lake Erie Science and Nature Center.  Climbing through trees.  Looking at animals.  Making fish faces.






We baked cookies.  Well, I baked and Gabe practiced his stirring techniques which resulted in our kitchen covered in flour.  But we had fun!

Lots of basketball on the front lawn.  And bubbles, chalk drawing and playing with the neighbors dog.

Gabe took a short trip to the moon for some weightless walking.

I fear The Cat in the Hat will never get old to Gabriel.  Matt and I can pretty much recite it in our sleep. 

Splash pad fun.  Crocker park.  The Metroparks.  If there is a splash pad, we will be there.  It's kind of like a Field of Dreams thing with the whole "if you build it they will come" minus the baseball...and the ghosts. 


Raspberry and blueberry jam making.  All organic ingredients resulting in super delicious jam.  I don't think I'd ever had blueberry jam before and I am in love with it.  In love, I tell you!  It's good on a sandwich, toast, crackers and in plain yogurt.  On a spoon out of the jar!

Above my stove.  "I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13.  Love that verse.

Building at Barnes and Noble.


Bounce house fun at Uncle Mark's BBQ


Spending lots of time with this sweet guy.  Eli and Gabe are definitely BFF's!  Gabe has shared his love of trains, dinosaurs and Toy Story with Eli.  Eli makes Gabe laugh a lot.  They're a great match.

More swim therapy.  Gabe has so much fun with Miss Keri and is loving learning how to swim.

Gabe spent a lot of time watching the construction crew work around our house.  This was his second favorite spot.  He could usually be found hiding behind the curtain on the front door watching the tractor and cement truck.

Life with this boy is phenomenal; it's full, it's lovely and it's ours.

 "Where there is love there is life"
 - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: