Saturday, November 13, 2010

200!


Wow!!! 200 posts!!! Who knew I had that much to say? Obviously Matt does as I talk his ear off most of the time and so do my lovelies, 3 of whom I was blessed to see today and one of whom I just spent 15 hours with watching Harry Potter.

Yes, 15 hours... 15 hours and 3 minutes to be precise as that is exact length of all 6 Harry Potter movies combined. And that is not quite long enough to talk about all things Harry Potter as I have thought of at least 5 different things to talk to Meg about since she has left. At least we'll have plenty of time to talk before the midnight release of HP 7 P1 Thursday night!

So that is what I did today: spent lots of time with my lovelies watching Harry Potter while Matt spent the day Gabe wrangling; taking him on errands, for walks and even to dinner. I am obviously blessed with the most fantastic husband ever who would not begrudge me one single minute of Harry Potter while he kept up with our very active, very rolly almost 15 month old!

I love my husband and my baby and my lovelies and Harry Potter! There are lots of other things I love as well.

Things like generosity, kindness from strangers and giving back. A woman I totally admire and not just because she is an adoptive mama but because she lives her faith out loud and loves God with all her soul spent time putting together a "Give Gifts Give Life" Christmas list. In a post that will be written at a later time you will read about my feelings of trying to keep materialism (or at least most of it) out of Christmas but how can you not want to buy, give or receive gifts that can help change lives.

And since I loved her list and I share with you things that I love (Matt, Gabe, my lovelies, Harry - all listed about, hehe) I figured I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't share this as well. So here you go: Give Gifts that Give Life.

There is one organization that exemplifies the idea of buying something that will change someones life and I absolutely love them! Absolutely! It's Bead for Life. But since it's late and I'm tired I'll let you go to their website and read all about them.

After you read all about Bead for Life come back here, leave a comment on this post and be entered to win a surprise from Bead for Life.

Yes, you read that correctly. I'm having my first giveaway! How fun!!! And you'll be winning something and then wearing something that will change the life of a Ugandan woman and her family. I wear them almost everyday because they are just that fabulous.

So comment... and win!!! And the more comments, the more winners!! Like I said before, how fun!!

2 comments:

Steve & Megan said...

Woo Woo! We need to talk about these leftover HP questions, I hope you wrote them down. Also, I'm currently wearing my Bead for Life bracelets! Yay you and your blog and 200 posts. :-)

Mari Bryant- Marks said...

I love that whole concept of Bead for Life! I now know where I'm getting some of my Christmas gifts :) And so afordable. I'm hoping go to HP on Friday!!!