Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Traditions

I love traditions; family traditions, annual events with friends, holiday traditions, lots of types of traditions. So Friday we were all super excited to head on out on our 4 (2nd for Gabe) annual Christmas tree hunt. Whilst the tree farm we visited this year wasn't as festive or full of trees as the farm we usually we visit we had a fabulous, albeit cold time!


First and Second Runner Ups



The Winner!!

And while it wasn't quite the Griswold moment that it was in years passed, we found one that we loved and now that it is up and decorated... it's definitely the LaGorga Family Christmas tree of 2010.


In front of the tree before it was chopped down. And no my hair is not that big, it was a really windy, cold day.



My two loves


Secure in the stand and strung with lights!

(on a side note, I always remember getting the tree in the stand growing up as being a debacle every year. The trunk was never straight resulting in a crooked tree and so many 'tries' before somehow my dad managing to get it stand up straight. However, Matt has never had any problem at all getting the tree in the stand and up straight in a very timely fashion. I think he might be a Christmas tree whisper.)




Gabe putting up the ceremonial first Christmas ornament.


And the finished product (sans tinsel)! Beautiful as always!



The Alma Mater Christmas ornaments. Matt's may be on top but the mine is prettier!


My favorite ornament.... purchased after Christmas in 2007 from Pier 1 for $2.00.

2 comments:

Heather & Chad said...

I'm sorry but I am going to have to go with Matt's ornament! ;)

Beautiful tree!!! Happy holidays to you and your beautiful family......so much to be thankful for this holiday season!!!

Dardi said...

We always do a real tree, too! We're not going until next weekend, though, b/c we can't seem to keep it watered well, so I'm going to hold out an extra week this year. Too funny about getting the tree in the stand...that was our house growing up, too! That & we always seemed to think our ceilings were much higher than they were (well, I still seem to have that problem!).

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!