Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Gaby Update

And if you've already bought a shirt, please let us know so we can thank you!
We are so grateful for the support!

Have you been waiting for a baby Gaby update. Then wait no more! I must say, while he'll always be my baby, Baby Gaby may not work as a name for this little one much longer. Why, you ask? Because he's getting so big!!


Every morning he seems to wake up a little bit bigger. And each day Gabe marvels us with everything he's doing and learning. And by marvels, sometimes I mean exhausts by us having to chase after him! But I love it!! I love watching him beat the schizencephaly odds and burn his trail in life.


So the 2 updates of note:

1.) After numerous calls, messages and 'chats' with the many offices at the Cole Eye Institute all of the insurance bumps were ironed out and Gabe's next eye surgery is scheduled for Friday December 3. I think that I called the doctors enough times to be considered a stalker but since I was never charged with a crime [smile] and my harassment paid off in them getting their act together we'll call my stalker-ish behavior a success. You can only push a mama so far before she demands (commands??) progress!!

2.) Along with scheduling eye surgery Gabriel hit another milestone this week. He had his first infection and prescription for antibiotics. It's not really anything to celebrate except for the fact that he was nine days shy of 15 months before he was ever sick enough to need medicine! The sanitizer queen wins again!

2 comments:

Dardi said...

He is so big & exudes a happy spirit!

Kat said...

I just jumped over here from the Adoption Story Blog Hop and must say that your family is BEAUTIFUL! :) Having a new son name Gabriel may leave me a little bias ;). So excited for your family and their current adoption journey (we have seven, four adopted blessings). May God have His Hand on you through while following this amazing path.