Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a bat and a broom, a sleeping babe and more

Boy have we had an eventful week! And it's only half over!!!


Monday morning Gabe and I woke up early, but I guess waking up at 6:15 can no longer be considered early when it's part of your daily routine. Dang that time change!!

After doing our usual Monday morning stuff we headed over to my parents house to use their telephone for our 2nd official conference call with AGCI. But this time we weren't talking with someone in Portland, we were talking to our homestudy coordinator located in Cincinnatti!! After about 45 minutes of talking, reviewing and asking questions our homestudy call is now in the books!

And now comes more of the filling out paperwork, lots of reading, lots of copy making, hurry-up- and-get-it-done-part so that we can interview with our homestudy case worker.

I love that there are now more things to do than figuring out how to raise the funds for our adoption. And we now have lists to compile and complete, things to check off, phone calls to make, books to read, - lots to do! And each time I'm able to put a check mark next to something on our list I feel one step closer to bringing our baby home.

Monday evening came and Matt called to say that class was released early and he was on his way home. And thank heavens for that! Because had he not come home early, I would have been asleep when he came home and we would have never met our friend.

Our 'friend' the bat. As Matt and I were sitting in the living room something flew down the stairs. In my sleepy stupor I didn't really even notice until Matt asked me what it was... and it was a bat! Eeek!!! It perched itself on my curtains and took up residency. Unsure what to do, I scooped up Gabe off the couch and covered him in my arms with blankets while Matt opened up our front door and grabbed the broom.

Yes, a broom.

Well, a little chaos insued while Matt tried to shoo the bat outside and I laughed hysterically in my nervous state. Eventually the bat made it outside, definately not on his own power and was shortly scooped up by one of the neighborhood cats.

Ugh! Eeek! Eh! A bat.

And then Tuesday brought physical therapy for Gabe and the most ridiculous trip to the supermarket. I wanted chili seasoning and couldn't find it anywhere. I thought it should be in the spices and seasonings aisle but Giant Eagle thought it belonged between canned fruit and boxed potatoes. I'm unsure of the reasoning behind that, but I eventually found it and can now make dinner for Matt tomorrow!

Our Giant Eagle trip through off Gabe's nap schedule a little bit and he decided to not take a nap at all. Gabe was going strong all afternoon, not seeming to feel any negative fall out from waking up at 6:15 and skipping nap time. Until I walked out of the kitchen to give Gabe another helping of dinner and found this:

Gabe fell asleep in his highchair. Please note his milk cup and the fact that he puts it in the little circle part of his high chair right where it belongs. Yes, he's a little neurotic like his Mama! Not only did Gabe fall asleep in his high chair he remained sleeping while I washed his face and hands, changed his diapers, took off his clothes and put him in his jammies.

Physical thereapy + 0 nap = 1 tired baby Gaby

And then today our caseworker from DCFS is coming to do the home inspection to renew our homestudy, the car needs an oil change, lots of errands and I have to figure out how to get crayon off the wall!

Just another day in the life of a SAHM and her cute little boy! At least there's only 39 hours to the premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 (yes I'm disturbingly excited!)

Don't forget to leave a comment here to win bead for life bracelets!!

And click here for our Ordinary Hero t-shirt fundraiser!

2 comments:

Heather & Chad said...

Goo Gone for crayon!!

Those pictures are adorable!!!! :)

Mari Bryant- Marks said...

Mr. Clean magic eraser always works for me.