Monday, January 3, 2011

Heart Smiles

I'd be lying if I didn't say the past few days have been rough. I've been run through the proverbial gauntlet of emotions and feel like today would be a good day to just stay curled up in bed with a good book. But duty, named Gabe [smile] calls, and with the chorus of ob-la-di ob-la-da in my head, life continues to go on.


And as I think, admist the sadness of the past few days there have been good moments as well.
The moments that make my heart smile, in no particular order:

Warm, silent hugs that conveyed heartfelt sympathies and love. We are so grateful to the friends and family and friends that are more like family that traveled near, far and even farther to hug our necks and say goodbye with us.


Homemade Chili, chips and cookies on the doorstep from dear friends.

Experiencing first experiences with friends! (And yes pastey white is the new tan for me! Go ahead, be jealous!)




And Hotdog Bazooka's. Yes, Cleveland sports may not always come out on top... but we have hot dog bazooka's... beat that!

No comments: