Sunday, January 16, 2011

A little bit more...

Just a little update to say that today Gabriel knocked over blocks with his left hand. While it may not seem like much, for me it's a bit of a miracle. Yes, I said a miracle.

Today, amongst my angst that the progress Gabe is making is negligible, Matt reminded me that according to medical definition Gabe should be paralyzed on his left side. That he shouldn't be able to pick up his breakfast with his fingers, he shouldn't be able to hold his cup in his left arm or push his arm through his shirt. And while he can't do any of that on his own, yet, he's working on it, and even though the progress isn't as much as I'd prefer, it's progress nonetheless.

And that is miraculous.

This week is "Sanctity of Life" week, and while I'm sure I'll have more to say about that [smile] today, and everyday I am grateful for the miracle that is Gabe and that Miss B believed in the sanctity of life to give us our miracle.

2 comments:

Anderson Crew said...

Amen for miracles!

Dardi said...

Yay for "Gabe-y" steps!!!