Friday, April 13, 2012

7 Months Waiting

Waiting and praying...
Hoping and praying...
Asking and praying...
Praying and praying...
Suffice it so say, I've been doing a lot of praying.  No matter how good life is, this waiting thing is just plain hard.  As in everything, some days are better than others and when the thirteenth rolls around, the days seem harder, the emotions deeper, the longing fiercer.  On those days, I spend a lot of time praying... in bed, at stop lights, in the few minutes I have to myself, I pray. 
I truly believe that we will become a family of 4 (or 5...) at the perfect time.  "For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day."  Habakkuk 2:3  I know this to be true, but I still can't help but pray.  God knows my heart, he has intimate knowledge of how I long for a glimpse of our sweet ones face, to breath him in, to hold them close and have them home.  He knows this, yet I can't help but pray. 
"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.” -C. S. Lewis


No comments: