Friday, May 20, 2011

At Worlds End

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life." - Matthew 26-27

Jesus tells us not to worry. Yet, I continue to do it. However, laying in my childhood bed this morning I realized that if the world does end tomorrow (said completely tongue in cheek since God is the only one who knows when the world will end), all the time I spent worrying about Houston was done in vain.

And when I wake up in Houston Sunday morning, the worrying still would have been in vain. Because whether I'm in Houston, Texas or Elyria, Ohio God will never change.

I can't promise not to worry anymore, I'll just work on worrying less.

(and in case you were wondering, there won't be any pictures until I'm back on my laptop in Houston... but then there will be lots of pictures!)

No comments: